Countryman Vehicles is owned and operated by Andrew Wickerson on a sole trader basis. We are registered in the UK for VAT (registration no. 839 7022 10)
Consumer Rights Act 2015
We take our responsibilities under the Consumers Rights Act 2015 Act very seriously. In the event of a breakdown or failure within 6 months of the purchase of your vehicle it is your responsibility to contact us immediately (and certainly prior to repairs being undertaken) in order that we can investigate and arrange the assessment of the fault and work with you to ensure a satisfactory resolution. Your statutory rights are not affected.
We do not offer a delivery facility and all vehicles sold are to be collected by either the purchaser or their agent from our business premises. All sales must be carried out on a face-to-face basis; we do not have the facility for distance selling or sales concluded over the internet or telephone. As a result, our business is not subject to the Distance Selling Regulations 2000 and customers have no automatic right to return or cancellation.
Please note that we do not operate an organised distance selling scheme as defined by The Consumer Contracts (Cancellation, Information and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013. Therefore, if you choose not to view your vehicle at our premises prior to purchase, you will not be entitled to cancel your order under a 14 day cancellation period. All other statutory rights remain unaffected.
Customers are given full opportunity to examine any vehicle sold to them prior to accepting delivery and, whether or not they took that opportunity to examine the vehicle, they are considered to be satisfied that the vehicle is free from all reasonable defects and accept it’s condition at the time of delivery.
Customers may only return the vehicle for repair of any defects or faults on it if those defects can be proven by the buyer of the vehicle to be present at the time of accepting delivery of the vehicle.
If a vehicle is returned to Countryman Vehicles for a refund or repair under the terms of the Consumer Rights Act 2015, then the vehicle must be delivered to Countryman Vehicles by the purchaser (or his agent) and the cost of return shall be the sole liability of the purchaser.
Customers are not be able to return the vehicle to Countryman Vehicles unless the vehicle is delivered with a V5C vehicle registration certificate (log book) pertaining to the said vehicle.
Any information collected will be used solely by Countryman Vehicles to assist with handling your enquiry. Any information collected will not be handed on to, or used by any third party. We will destroy and not store any financial information that we receive.
Terms of Business
If a buyer changes their mind and cancels the contract for the purchase of a vehicle, Countryman Vehicles are entitled to look for and recover their reasonable expenses, such as administration costs and loss of profit. These costs will be deducted from any prepayments made by the buyer and any remaining monies will be refunded.
- Deposits are treated as a ‘part payment’ and are, therefore, non-refundable.
- Vehicles are supplied with one key unless a spare is provided at vehicle handover.
- Odometer readings must be considered inaccurate unless the contrary is stated on either the vehicle order form or invoice.
- We provide a statutory three months parts and labour warranty on all retail vehicle sales. Extended warranties are available at additional cost, please see our warranty section for further details.
- Countryman Vehicles at Woodcock Garage Car Sales is owned and operated by Andrew Wickerson on a sole-trader basis.
We can accept the following methods of payment:
- Bank Draft or Building Society Cheque, in favour of ‘Countryman Vehicles’
- Cash (payments in excess of £1,000 will incur a charge of 85p per £100 tendered)
- Debit Card
- Credit Card (payments in excess of £200 will incur a charge of 3% of the total balance)
- Bank Transfer (bank details will be supplied upon request).